*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777246-Shiny-things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#777246 added March 10, 2013 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Shiny things
Need to write a piece of prose or a poem for Carrie. "Shiny things" is our inside joke. A piece about someone "recently planted" comes first to mind. She likes daffodils, bear grass, poppies and Indian paintbrush... I bet I can weave it into something special for her. *Wink*

me

Today is brought to you by springy colors. *Laugh*

Saw snow-drops in bloom yesterday. Today the yellows and purples of crocuses. It's "warm" during the day, like 10ºC but just below freezing at night. We will still see some snow and March can be bitterly cruel here so no bets on the weather. Still, winter seems to be gasping in the heat and the Spring pattern seems to have taken hold.

Other snews: went to a basketball game last night. The home team looked like they could've been beat by a group of high-school freshmen (Hellgate HS did win their Montana championship game BTW) but they woke up in the 2nd half and won 63-50 over a mediocre Northern Arizona team. So they are Big Sky Champions. As are the Lady Griz. Both will host the tournaments to decide who goes to the NCAA. I'm not holding my breath.

I did enjoy going to the game regardless. $7 ticket won't break the bank and sports are important to many of the folks here. Also... breaks up the routine and boredom. I'll prolly go see the Lady Griz this week unless I have scheduling conflict.

The controversies (ongoing and many) about the conduct of the UM teams is eroding support on many levels. As a friend told me ...go to Stockman's Bar late at night and met some of the bad boys... He knows too many of them and isn't amused by their conduct. But sports are king here in Montana. *Worry*

Back to Spring: did a big load of wash. At least I didn't have to fight the weather on the walk there and back. Weighed a bit though. I even did underwear! *Shock* Pre-soaked and boiled of course... *Pthb*

So I now have a whole bunch of clean clothes (and sheets) hanging all over my place (they dry quickly in Montana). Soon it'll be time to choose what goes to Europe. It'll be Spring in Paris in April (weep for me now) but not necessarily warm in Norway come May. June in Sweden may be a "toasty" 25ºC *Bigsmile* So... short sleeves, long sleeves, hat and scarf, coat... the only thing that's certain is my underwear... my black travel-wear is already folded and ready to go. *Delight*
40,109

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777246-Shiny-things