*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777427-War-Chest-Tuesday-A-Ghost-in-a-Ranch-Style-Duplexes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777427 added March 12, 2013 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: A Ghost in a Ranch Style Duplexes
The March 12, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Have you ever seen a ghost? If yes, describe the experience. If no, do you think ghosts exist and would you like to see one?

One of the first houses I lived in when I came to Las Vegas was a three bedroom, two bath ranch style duplex on Oahu Street. The master bedroom was off the living-dining room area. The other two bedroom and bathroom were accessed by a hall that led from the living room. Each of the bedrooms and bathrooms had doors so that they could be closed off, but the hall had an open entrance.

You could see the entrance to the hall from the entire living-dining room. If anyone was standing in the door you could see the person. All most every evening, when I was in the living room or at the dining room table, I saw a dark shadow standing in the hall entrance. It appeared to be a man wearing dark clothing, but when I looked directly at the door the shadow would disappear. I was not the only person in the family that saw "the shadow" as it came to be known. My brother and other members of the family saw it or rather him.

The first time I saw him, I was startled, but once I came to realize he did not want to harm anyone I was not bothered. I suspect all this ghost wanted to do was watch the events in the living room or at the dining table. I never saw it in any other part of the house. I never got the feeling that he wanted to harm anyone. However, I did make sure my bedroom door was shut whenever I wanted to change clothes or go to bed.

A peeping shadow
standing in the hall doorway:
Is that where he died?

A shadow watching
the family come, go, and eat:
Why did he remain?

A lonely shadow
attached to the hall entrance:
Did he want something?

Thought of the Day: A ghost is someone who hasn't made it - in other words, who died, and they don't know they're dead. So they keep walking around and thinking that you're inhabiting their - let's say, their domain. So they're aggravated with you. - Sylvia Browne


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777427-War-Chest-Tuesday-A-Ghost-in-a-Ranch-Style-Duplexes