*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777331-The-Death-penalty-Original-Thoughs-with-some-Additions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#777331 added March 11, 2013 at 8:57pm
Restrictions: None
The Death penalty: Original Thoughs with some Additions
The March 11, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
The topic is the death penalty. Are you for it or against it and why?

This is what I wrote on January 17, 2013: "There are some crimes that are so heinous that they require a death penalty. The problem with this penalty is the way it has been used in the past and is still being used today. The crimes that require this penalty should be strictly limited and the appeals process given an overhaul. Humanity, its cultural, its technology, and even its laws are in the process of evolution, of change.

In the past, a person could be put to death for any crime; however, that has changed. Today are numerous crimes that do not demand or even require the death penalty. In the future, there will be even fewer crimes that require this penalty because everything in the material universe is in the process of change. As the human race matures, reasons to use the death penalty will become fewer as we learn how to deal with our emotions, reactions, etc."


My opinion has not changed since January, I would like to add that I think changes need to be made in the penal system and to penal laws. The penal system in its present form does not protect the innocent from incorrigible or repeat offenders. Too often people think of the death penalty as revenge when it should have more to do with protecting people from those who cannot be reformed for one reason or another.

The death penalty
applying it properly
requires consideration.

Food for Thought: How come life in prison doesn't mean life? Until it does, we're not ready to do away with the death penalty. Stop thinking in terms of "punishment" for a minute and think in terms of safeguarding innocent people from incorrigible murderers. - JESSE VENTURA, I Ain't Got Time to Bleed

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777331-The-Death-penalty-Original-Thoughs-with-some-Additions