*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778106-War-Chest-Wednesday-Spaghetti-Pizza
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778106 added March 20, 2013 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Spaghetti Pizza
The March 20, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
What was the most outrageous thing anyone has ever dared you to do?
OR What was the most outrageous thing you have ever dared someone else to do?

Anytime I do something outrageous it has to do with food. All my life I have found food comforting. I will attempt to eat any type of food because I might find it good and if I do not like it the first time, then I will usually try it again because I figure the food is an acquired taste and I will attempt to acquire the taste for it. I have one exception to this rule of trying a food more then once. The exception to this rule is spaghetti pizza!

I have no desire to try spaghetti pizza again because once was enough. Before I go on with this explanation, I have to say that "It seemed like a good idea at the time." However, in retrospect it was not my best experiment with creative cooking. This is how the experiment went down.

The day before, a Friday, we (Mom and I) had bought a pizza, a pepperoni pizza to be precise. There was leftover pizza, which I am inclined to eat for my breakfast. On Saturday, Mom went to a meeting (this was several years ago before the Alzheimer's disease) and left me home alone. I got hungry and decided that I would have the rest of the pizza for my breakfast. There was also some leftover spaghetti in the refrigerator, since I was hunger and did not see any sense in warming both of the foods up separately, I put the spaghetti on top of the pizza and warmed it up in the oven.

The spaghetti pizza did not taste horrible. The only reason it, I say, it did not taste horrible is because a bland taste and a horrible taste are two different sensations. I ate it anyway because there was no use wasting food because the experiment did not work. I suppose it would have been different if I had burnt the spaghetti pizza. I was disappointed about the taste because normally my food muse is good at judging food combination ideas. Fortunately, this failed experiment did not and will not prevent me from combining other foods.

Comfort food
a creation of love
and the warm sensation
of creativity.

Food for Thought: "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet Van Horne

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778106-War-Chest-Wednesday-Spaghetti-Pizza