*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778287-Que-Sera
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#778287 added March 22, 2013 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Que Sera
Days roll by and little changes, so there's no real inspiration to blog. Seems the biggest changes are to the layout and format of blogs here. I couldn't find mine on the 'My Account,' drop down list, it's changed the way it appears on screen and now the title for each entry is at the bottom of the entry form and not the top. I know a change is supposed to be as good as a rest, but I see little point in these alterations or maybe I'm missing the point. Que Sera.

I've spent so much time at home lately I decided to brave the elements yesterday and go on my own to Nottingham. I had several tasks in mind, so headed out to catch the bus, seeing as I can travel on those for free. Half way down the lane I bumped into a neighbour who kept me talking too long and consequently I missed the bus. This necessitated waiting half an hour in the freezing cold for a train and the added pleasure of paying for a return ticket.

On reaching the city I headed to a shop I visited last week with friends where I'd purchased a jacket. I think I must have been in a wine induced haze when I decided I liked it, as next day I decided I didn't and intended returning it for a refund or exchange. The young assistant informed me she wasn't authorised to do either as only the manageress could carry out refunds or exchanges and it was her day off. A wasted journey on my part, but Que Sera.

I then walked to a department store to check out some curtain material I'd seen there a few weeks ago, but wasn't sure it would match the decor. This time I was organised and carried swatches of carpet and fabric to check they matched against said fabric. Unfortunately said fabric had disappeared and there was no other to match. Another waste of time, but Que Sera.

Undaunted, I thought I'd pay a visit to my favourite shop and treat myself to a dress I'd seen last week in the sales. Amazingly, the dress was still there and in my size, so I tried it on, decided I didn't like it, cursed the mirror for being too honest, promised myself a diet and exercise routine once the weather improves and hung the dress back. Thinking about it why would I need a new dress anyway? It's far too cold and damp to wear anything but winter gear and I have no plans to go anywhere or any pressing social occasions requiring me to dress up. Que Sera.

By this time I was cold, depressed, fed up and wanting to go home. It wasn't a totally wasted trip however because I had to buy some more blister plasters as my wounded leg was hurting again by this time. *Rolleyes* I was a long way from the railway station so decided to return on the bus even though it was close to rush hour and it takes a lot longer than the train. I spent the next hour crammed on a packed out bus, complete with a screaming kid and several passengers rabbiting on their phones all the way back, but Que Sera.

After walking through the park to our house, trembling and teeth chattering, I felt like I never wanted to go out again. What I didn't anticipate was another six inches of snow falling in the night, continuing almost all day today and a forecast for even more tomorrow. Looks like I'll be missing yet another group hike and my preference to stay indoors will be enforced rather than through choice. Is this winter ever going to end I ask, but another thing we can do nothing about so Que Sera.

The only thing I feel like doing is packing a case and heading off on a cruise or a break to a sunny island somewhere, but things would have to change to allow that to happen. Hubby's Mum is still in hospital with no real prognosis, but whatever happens it will require a lot of family input and paperwork. The snow probably means the roads are impassable and the airports either closed or suffering serious delays. Funds would need boosting considerably and I don't see a Lottery win or a large donation from 'Help the elderly SAD sufferers to escape,' on the horizon. Besides, my summer clothes don't fit me at present, but for once we are told we need to eat plenty of stodge and high fat content food to avoid hypothermia, so what's a gal to do? Plus, I couldn't wear shorts or a skirt with this ruddy great wound on my leg exposed. When the doctor said it would take ages to heal, I did at least think she meant in this lifetime.

So, nothing much changes, at least not for the better, but I guess it's just a case of Que Sera.

Now to add a title at the bottom of this entry...no prizes for guessing it.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778287-Que-Sera