*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778782-War-Chest-Wednesday-What-are-the-Necessities-of-survival
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778782 added March 27, 2013 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: What are the Necessities of survival?
The March 27, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
How long have you gone without something necessary to your survival (food, shelter, water, sleep, or clothing)?

I am fortunate because I have never gone more then a nanosecond without the prerequisite for human survival. which is hope. Hope is the one thing that is absolutely necessary for humans to survive. If an individual has not hope then he or she give up the idea of survival and eventually dies, either physically or spiritually. Once a person give up hope then the battle for survival is lost.

Hope is always there
hiding in terror's darkness
its bright light waiting to shine.

Hope is the soul's response
to disappointment;
spirit's survival instinct.

Food, water, shelter, clothing, sleep, and oxygen are necessities of the body, while hope is a spiritual necessity of the soul. Humanity survived through the decades because our ancestors did not give up hope and curl up a die when physical survival became difficult or almost impossible. Our ancestors held onto hope and persisted in seeking the things necessary for their physical bodies to survive even if it meant that the had to leave the comfort of known territory to seek those things in unknown places across the globe. Humanity will continue to survive as long as it does not give up hope.

Thought of the Day: "Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope." - Unknown

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778782-War-Chest-Wednesday-What-are-the-Necessities-of-survival