*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778880-Opinion-Thursday-The-Purpose-of-Dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778880 added March 28, 2013 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Opinion Thursday: The Purpose of Dreams
The March 28, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Do you believe our dreams have a meaning or purpose? What is your opinion on dream interpretation?
Have you ever tried to interpret your dreams?

Do I believe my dreams have a meaning or purpose? Yes, I believe dreams have both a meaning and a purpose. The purpose of a dream can be to review the days events. A dream can give an author ideas for a story, poem, or novel. Another purpose of a dream is to give an individual warnings of future events either in the individual's own life or about events going to happen in the world. An example of a dream foretelling upcoming events in my life were the dreams I had before going through menopause. Every month, precisely three days before my period began, I dreamed it started. I am not saying that the dreams were pleasant because in the dream the either bathroom toilet was stopped up or I could not find any of the pads I needed, but the dream did give me warning that I was about to become a bitch.

What is my opinion on dream interpretation? Dream interpretation is possible because dreams are meant to help us through the tests and difficulties we face everyday of our lives. However, I do think that when interpreting a dream a person needs to look at both the traditional meaning of a dream symbol and any personal meaning that symbol may contain in the individual's past life experiences. Dream interpretation is not easy nor is it for the faint of heart. Dreams, when interpreted properly, can assist a person's spiritual development and growth in other areas of life, but one has to want to know the truth that dreams reveal and not be afraid of what one discovers.

Have my ever tried to interpret your dreams? Yes, I have tried to interpret my dreams and sometimes I have succeeded. I attempt to keep track of all my dreams, but sometimes I do not remember them. I write down the dreams I remember, please see "Dreams of Snow [13+].

The birds are singing.
Do I remember hearing
them in last night's dreams?

Food for Thought: "Dreams may contain ineluctable truths, philosophical pronouncements, illusions, wild fantasies, memories, plans, anticipations, irrational experiences, even telepathic vision, and heaven knows what besides." ~ Carl Jung

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778880-Opinion-Thursday-The-Purpose-of-Dreams