*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778980-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#778980 added March 29, 2013 at 10:01pm
Restrictions: None
Serial Experience – Part One: The recyclable bins
The March 29, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Serial Experience – Part One: Recall a short anecdote from your daily life this past month. It can have a moral or not, be humorous or mundane, it doesn’t matter.
On the first day, write the story from your point of view.
On the second day (tomorrow), write the story from the perspective of an inanimate object or animal which was present in the previous entry.

My life is full of serial experiences
on day follows another
repetition is a part of life
a component of humanity's
mundane material and physical existence.

The dishes need to be done,
the laundry washed and dried,
the recyclables
lugged to the garage,
the trash
carried out,
etc.
etc.
etc....

Serial Experience – Part One

There are three recyclable bins in my garage. The first is white, it is for newspapers, the second is red, it is for plastics and cans, and the third is blue, it is for glass. Since I am going to move to a smaller place, I am in the process of downsizing. This means I either have to give away stuff, throw it out or put it in the recyclable bin. I had a glass turntable from an old microwave sitting on the dining room table. I am not sure why I kept it when the microwave went kaput, I think it was one of those notions that seemed like a good idea at the time. Perhaps I was going to sit it in the middle of the dining room table to sit something on. Who knows why I kept it because I have no idea what I planned to do with it. Anyway after careful thought, I decided I did not want to lug it to the storage unit and then to the new apartment because it is something I have no use for. I put it in the glass recyclable bin, which I will carry to the curb next Saturday.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/778980-