*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779621-New-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#779621 added April 3, 2013 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
New Life
Life is full of surprises they say. I can't say as I was totally flabbergasted to hear we're going to be grandparents again, as I'd had my suspicions. Seems another grandmonster, a boy, is due sometime in July. Not planned we're told and not a result of over carelessness. I'm not entering into that debate. *Rolleyes*

There were tears and laughter over the announcement. Paul was upset because he thought we'd nag him about not being able to cope financially or emotionally with another addition. We could point out a lot of concerns and impracticalities, but what's done is done and a new life should never be something to condemn. Besides, if the new one is as delightful and bright as the other two, how could we not be be sort of pleased? He was also a little disappointed as he wanted a girl, but is wise enough to realise it's not as important as a healthy baby and consoled himself with the fact that the chances of one son liking football will be doubled.

Mey Ling showed more of her sensitive side by expressing her concern that we may not love Angel as much if we had a blood granddaughter, something we were very quick to assure her would never happen.

Angel was a little upset and shocked to discover you cannot actually choose the gender of your children. She too wanted a sister and bless her, she really believed they'd ordered a boy against her wishes. She was soon consoled by assurances that her two little brothers will look up to her and still being the only girl will make her extra special.

Dylan was pleased he'll have a brother, but is adamant he's not giving up his bed and has decided if he doesn't like the new baby he'll put it in the bin.

Granddad loves being a granddad, so despite any worries will be thrilled to have another addition to the family. Nanna has reached the point in life where little surprises or overwhelms her any longer, but hopes they'll be able to cope and survive with another little one. Only time will tell, but as I said a few entries ago 'Que Sera.'

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779621-New-Life