*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779802-Opening-a-can-of-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#779802 added April 5, 2013 at 8:22pm
Restrictions: None
Opening a can of life
The April 5, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Why sometimes bad things can be life openers?

It's late Friday afternoon in Las Vegas and I spent at least four hours in my mechanic's reception room waiting for my car. The noise that I thought was a loose belt, was the breaks and a loose bolt (which I knew about in January). The breaks, loose bolt and the belt have been fixed, which means I can safely drive my car. Unfortunately, due to the expense I can't afford to drive the car this month. I have over half a tank of gas, which has to last a while, so I won't be going very far from home. I still have one prescription and some personal items I have to find the money for, but I don't have to deal with those until next week. I have aluminum cans in the trunk of my car that I can sell for a little bit of money; however, that money will go into my bank account.

Why bad things are life openers? Bad things are always life openers, if a person is willing to take a deep breath and squelch the panic. When something bad happens it gives a person a chance to step back and take a look at his or her life. I allows the person to look at the negative thought process that may have contributed to the event. If negative thought process is not the problem then a person has to look at other reasons for the bad event. Sometimes bad things just happen because we live in a world were we have to deal with emotion, humans, and other living creatures. Let's face it, bad things are just a part of the can of life.

Lately, I've began to suspect that bad things happen to push a person into reevaluating how and why she or he does things in a certain way. Bad things happen to show the individual a new way of doing things; to change a habit or a thought process that leads to insanity. A person can't do the same thing in the same over and over without getting the same results. If a person wants different results then change the input, try doing the action a different way or use a different thought process, so that you get a different results.

I am not insane,
all though I may not be
completely sane.

Each morning,
I open a can of life,
which doesn't have a label
to find out
if its contents
are good or bad.

Thought of the Day: “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” ― Narcotics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779802-Opening-a-can-of-life