*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780141-The-Secret-of-Me-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780141 added April 9, 2013 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
The Secret of Me Time
The April 9, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Tell us if you have any secret ways of finding time for yourself.

The secret of person time
isn't in doing laundry or dishes,
isn't cleaning the house or the garage;
even though these are fun activities
they don't give me a chance
to talk to my soul,
discuss a poem with my muse,
or praise God.

How do I find time for myself? I don't think it's a matter of finding time as much as taking time. Self-knowledge requires a me to be silent and listen to the voice of my soul, so that I can learn about my fears and why those fears exist. This requires silence, writing in a journal, prayer, and meditation. Therefore, rather then finding time to do these thing, take time in the morning or in the evening; find some place to be along with your thought. I suspect the most righting thing for any human being is to be alone, in silence with his or her own thoughts as company because without this self-knowledge is impossible or at least difficult.

I take time for myself
so that I can listen
to my inner voice.

Thought of the day: “To know a species, look at its fears. To know yourself, look at your fears. Fear in itself is not important, but fear stands there and points you in the direction of things that are important. Don't be afraid of your fears, they're not there to scare you; they're there to let you know that something is worth it.” ― C. JoyBell C.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780141-The-Secret-of-Me-Time