*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780869-My-Purpose-in-Life-to-know-and-attain-the-presence-of-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780869 added April 18, 2013 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
My Purpose in Life: to know and attain the presence of God
The April 18, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What do you believe is your purpose in life?

Attaining the presence of God is and isn't difficult. I know that sounds contradictory and confusing, but I'm not sure how else to state this concept. For several years I didn't know what my purpose was and therefore I had no focus and no anchor. When I encountered the Baha'i Faith and accepted Bahá’u’lláh I found out that the purpose of the individual human being is to know and attain the presence of the Creator. The next step was to figure out how to know an unknowable essence, I learn to know God through Bahá’u’lláh, who reflects the attributes of God. I learn to know God through reading and meditating on the writing's revealed by Bahá’u’lláh.

How does an individual attain the presence of God? I have no answer to this question. The only way I know how to do it is pray, meditate, attempt to obey the laws revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, treat other human beings the way I want them to treat me, and practice forgiveness. I still feel the distance between myself and God is farther then the distance between the center of the Milk Way galaxy and the edge of the known universe. The only thing I know to do is to bring myself to account each day and figure out how I can make each tomorrow better then yesterday.

Look at the sunset
as one day ends another begins
continues progress.

Food for Thought: "The purpose of God in creating man hath been, and will ever be, to enable him to know his Creator and to attain His Presence. To this most excellent aim, this supreme objective, all the heavenly Books and the divinely-revealed and weighty Scriptures unequivocally bear witness...." - Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 70


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780869-My-Purpose-in-Life-to-know-and-attain-the-presence-of-God