*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780913-Going-with-the-Gut
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#780913 added April 19, 2013 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Going with the Gut
The April 19, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
How are you more likely to make an important decision — by reasoning through it, or by going with your gut?

I have attempted to reason through decisions by looking at the pros, cons, and possible outcomes. The only thing this process does is get me bogged down in the what ifs without assisting me in the decision making process. I have found that the best way for me to make decisions is to go with my gut, grab the tiger by the whiskers, and make the decision. Going with the gut cuts down on the what if static that comes with the logical decisions making process; if I used the logical process I would never make a decision.

I have a process that proceeds the decision by the gut, I pray. Sometimes, especially if I know ahead of time about the decision, I sit down with my prayer book and say several prayer. However, if it is a decision that arises during the course of the day I silently repeat a short prayer I have memorized before making the decision and then I follow my intuition and go with my gut.

You gut never lies,
sometime is growls at you
and causes you to make rude noises,
but it never lies.

Thought of the Day: "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780913-Going-with-the-Gut