*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781026-The-DASH
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
#781026 added April 21, 2013 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
~~The DASH~~
Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a friend and co-worker from my banking days. I only knew Wes within a work environment, but even in that limited capacity, I knew Wes was a good man. Many others must have agreed, for the Church was full, every chair occupied. The Pastor who spoke made it clear that Wes was an active, working, teaching, singing, loving member of the congregation who not only read the Bible but also lived it every day. The eulogist went on to emphasize a particular truth that I try to follow (and fail miserably most times): “What matters is the DASH.”

We are all born, and we will all die. It’s what we do between those two events which will determine who and what we are. Wes was only fifty-seven, but in those fifty-seven years, he managed to touch so many lives with a positive, loving effect that, at its culmination, a Church was filled to capacity with those who remembered his kindness. What a marvelous testimony to his DASH!




© Copyright 2013 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781026-The-DASH