*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777980-That-doesnt-go-there
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1800008
A daily walk with... ME
#777980 added June 19, 2015 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
~~That doesn't go there!~~
I've learned a few things about humility during these past two weeks as I slowly recuperate from right hip replacement surgery. The body seems to fight the invasion of metal parts where once was God-given bone and cartilage. I remember the weeks of pain and rehab following my left hip replacement five years ago. But I had forgotten the indignity of having to rely on others for my everyday needs such as bringing me food and drink, helping me bathe and dress, and driving me to doctor appointments. My mild OCD has gone into overdrive as I look at things on the floor which I have dropped and can't pick up. I am forced to wait until someone walks by, and I plead with them to do what I cannot. My friends and family are here to help, but they don't know how to do things...well...perfectly. The dishes aren't loaded in the dishwasher correctly. My towels and linens aren't washed and folded properly. My clothes are not hung in their specified spot in the closet. My response of 'Thanks, but that doesn't go there' is grating on the nerves of my caregivers, so I've learned to remain silent, knowing I will have to re-arrange everything when I can freely move on my own...someday. Well, my coffee has gotten cold, so I've got to make the seemingly mile-long trip to the kitchen with my trusty walker to get a fresh cup. My devoted, frazzled caregivers are still asleep, and I dare not wake them. Damn, I just dropped the mouse! Now I'll have to wait for help before I can click the SUBMIT button. *Rolleyes*





© Copyright 2015 Winnie Kay (UN: winniekay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Winnie Kay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777980-That-doesnt-go-there