*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781282-When-is-it-Better-Not-to-Know
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781282 added April 24, 2013 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
When is it Better Not to Know?
The April 24, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If you were given a chance to know what happens in your future, would you take it?

No! Absolutely not! I have enough problems dealing with life one day at a time. I do not want to know the immediate future because knowing what is going to happen would probably cause me to do something to change it and inevitably make the situation worse instead of better. All though, I suspect is something bound to happen it cannot be changed; however, the situation could be make worse of better by actions taken in the present. I still would not want to know the future; I prefer traveling into the future one day at time without knowing exactly what to expect because it makes life less mundane.

The question reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode I saw once. In the episode, the main character (a young woman) returned from a morning horse ride frightened. An older woman on a horse had chased her yelling, "Don't do it!" She did not know what the woman was talking about. Anyway, the young woman was about to get married to one man, but she love another and he ask her to runaway with him; which she did. Scene change to several years later with her as a mature woman returning from a morning ride. Her husband (the man she had run away with) ask "Where have you been?" Her reply "Out chasing myself!" She had attempted to warn her younger self not to runaway and get married, but got through with the planned wedding.

Baby birds chirping
don't worry about the future
while they wait for their parents to return
with today's breakfast.

Thought of the Day: "Thank God we can't tell the future. We'd never get out of bed." - TRACY LETTS, August: Osage Country

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781282-When-is-it-Better-Not-to-Know