*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781901-Hurt-Pride
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#781901 added May 23, 2014 at 5:31am
Restrictions: None
Hurt Pride
On the whole it's been a better week than the last, with a few problems resolved and several enjoyable activities, including a visit to my favourite town of Newark with friends. The weather, though far from reliable or overly warm has improved, enabling us to sit outside for lunch for the first time in ages.

On the strength of better weather and no hospital appointments or visits, my friend Joy and I ventured to Nottingham on the train last Wednesday. As we walked by the canal towards our favourite place for coffee and drinks, I spotted ducks dabbling on the water and grabbed my phone from my bag to take some photos. In my excitement I took a step forward on what I thought was flat ground, but was actually a step and went all my length. *Rolleyes* But, being determined to see the positives of every situation I have to remain grateful I survived and console myself things could have been a lot worse.

*Bullet* I avoided any major injuries. Bruises are far better than broken bones, particularly at my great age.

*Bullet* My iPhone escaped unscathed. Had it hit the ground harder than it did it would have certainly suffered a broken screen and another insurance claim is certainly something I can live without.

*Bullet* My leather jacket came off worse than anything else, suffering scratches and scuffs. A shame really, but I have worn it for many years and was getting a bit bored with it. A guilt free reason to purchase a new one at some stage in the future.

*Bullet* The shock of the ordeal was the perfect excuse to indulge in a little alcohol for medicinal purposes.

*Bullet* It has given my sympathetic, caring, concerned, supportive and sweet friends another reason to roll around laughing at yet another incident in the catastrophic life of Calamity Jane.

I'll give this week six out of ten. Not the greatest of photos, but understandable under the tragic circumstances and better than the one taken accidentally on the way down to the ground.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781901-Hurt-Pride