*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782349-Funny-Friday-Hidden-in-plain-sight
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782349 added May 10, 2013 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Hidden in plain sight
The May 10, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Hidden in plain sight.

I went into the grocery store the other day to buy a container of coffee. Before I went into the store, I decided that I want something a bit different from my normal classic roast coffee. That day I wanted to purchase a dark gourmet supreme coffee, so I went to the coffee isle and looked for the brand I wanted. I looked and looked but could not find the Folgers Gourmet Supreme coffee, finally I ask one of the employees and he pointed it out to me. The coffee I wanted was in the middle of the Folgers section in plain sight. If it had been a snake it would have bit me.

This incident got me to thinking. In the great big supermarket of life there are a great many things that are in plain sight which we human beings cannot see. The reason we cannot see them is that we think they should be more difficult to find. Many times instead of looking on the middle shelf we look on the lower shelves or the higher shelves or visa versa. Often the reason we cannot find something is that it is in plain sight and we think it should be more difficult to find. Unfortunately, sometimes we give up and settle for something similar, but not what we are looking for.

When we cannot find something we are looking for, instead of giving up change our tactics. If the item we are seeking is not on the middle shelf then look on a higher or lower shelf or even in a different section of the supermarket. Sometimes all it takes is asking God or the Universe where the items is and the location will be revealed. If there is something you want then ask, true the answer may be no but just as often the answer is yes. If you do not ask you will never know the answer.

Coffee
liquid of the gods
dark,
light,
or medium
awakens the mind,
body,
and spirit.

Food for Thought: "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782349-Funny-Friday-Hidden-in-plain-sight