*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782469-Sunday-Review-May-5-to-May-11-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782469 added May 12, 2013 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: May 5 to May 11, 2013
The May 12, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

My week went fairly well, considering that I knew Mother's Day was approaching and I had to deal with all the Mother's Day gift commercials. Perhaps Mother's Day will be less difficult next year. I went to the cemetery today and said a prayer for the departed at Mom's grave. My experience at the grave site was pleasant because the scent of spring was in the air and there were birds singing. I finally finished my recipe for Tear Soup today and I posted it under "Free Day: Mother's Day - Sunday, May 12, 2013. At sometime during the week, I think it was Saturday, I write "Memorial Day Ceremonies. The two blog entries I enjoyed most this week are "This one's about thinking, kinda. and "Invalid Entry.

*Question* *Questionb* *Questionbl* *Questiong* *Questiono* *Questionp* *Questionr* *Questionv*

Why is when you want to avoid thinking about something that is all you can think about?

I did not want to think about Mother's Day gifts this year, but every time I saw a gift commercial or read an ad in the newspaper that is all I could think about. I considered putting roses on Mom's grave for Mother's Day, but then decided to go to the grave site and say a prayer for the departed. The problem with the roses was that I could not decide what color or what type. Should I put cut roses on the grave or should I put silk roses?

At the cemetery, I noticed that some people put cut roses on the graves, some put plastic roses, and some put silk roses. As I said, the birds singing and the scent of spring made my experience at the grave site pleasant. Mom would have like the birds singing. Mom always enjoyed listening to the birds. I did manage to drive all the way back to the house before I started crying. After finishing the recipe for Tear Soup, I do not want to cry any more. I may want to cry again tomorrow or the day after, but not any more today.

Food for Thought: “Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” - Brian Jacques, Taggerung

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782469-Sunday-Review-May-5-to-May-11-2013