*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782716-Is-my-Glass-half-full-or-half-empty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782716 added May 15, 2013 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Is my Glass half-full or half-empty?
The May 15, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Are you a person who considers their glass half-empty or half-full?

This is a interesting question because for me it depends on my mood whether I feel my glass is half-full or half-empty. I am one of those people who if I am depressed feels that my glass is half-empty; of course, this last only as long as I focus on the negative issues that caused the depression. Sometimes I let my negative self-talk convince me that my glass is half-empty when it is really half-full. When I look at the past 66 years of my life and balance the negatives versus the positives, I realize that my that every negative experience has led to a positive outcome of some type.

My problem is that when I am depressed about something, I have a tendency to look at the negatives rather then the positives. There have been times when I thought I was clinically depressed, but I have discussed this with my doctor and she does not think that is the problem. I suspect my problems occur when I focus too much on the negative issues rather then attempting to see the positive issues of a situation. I am attempting to change this, with some luck. I find that writing about the problem helps me refocus and pull back so that I can see the entire elephant rather then just its tail or trunk.

Most of the time, I feel that my glass is half-full. I have found that sometimes I have to work to refocus my attention, but I eventually succeed. In fact, I have even found myself laughing at the silliness of believing my glass is half-empty when there is so much in my life to prove that my glass is half-full. This year has been a bit difficult because of my mother's death, but that is just a a part of life. The four things that help me change my mood are prayer, meditation, writing, and calling one of my sibling or friends on the phone. It is amazing how just talking to someone can change my mood.

To answer the question: "Are you a person who considers their glass half-empty or half-full?" Most of the time I feel my glass is half-full and I attempt to change my perspective when I feel my glass is half-empty?

Thought of the Day: "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." - Willie Nelson

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782716-Is-my-Glass-half-full-or-half-empty