*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782654-War-Chest-Tuesday-The--Scars-of-a-Woman
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782654 added May 14, 2013 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: The Scars of a Woman
The May 14, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Do you have any scars? Tell us about them.

Disclaimer: I do not mean to imply that men do not have scars; however, I believe that women because they are by nature nurturers feel many things deeply including their scars (both visible and invisible).

Like all women I have both visible and invisible scars. These scars are one of the things that form common ground across the barriers of religion, national origin, political affiliation, etc. In this entry, I am going to focus on my visible scars because those are easier to account for and to describe.

I have a scar on the ring finger of my right hand because when I was a child, I decided I wanted to play Jane (not G.I. Jane but Tarzan's Jane). There was a swing and a clothes line next to Grandpa's garage. On the clothes line hung a wire with a sharp point and it was close enough for me to grab if I swung high enough. I swung high and grabbed the wire, naturally I slid down the wire and ripped the skin on the ring finger of my right hand. Grandpa took me to the hospital Emergency Room and the doctor sowed the skin back together; however, to this day I have that scar to remind me that sometimes doing something on the spur of the moment may not be a good idea. It did not stop me from doing things on the spur of the moment nor from doing other irrational things.

See that scar
it jagged edges still visible
like a ghost on the flesh of time;
that is where light
penetrated my soul
and revealed strength
based upon healing faith
in God.

Food for Thought about scars: “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” - Rumi

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782654-War-Chest-Tuesday-The--Scars-of-a-Woman