*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783007-Hikes-and-Holidays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#783007 added May 23, 2014 at 5:34am
Restrictions: None
Hikes and Holidays
Our son and family have gone to Devon for a week's holiday, so I'm hoping the weather will improve for them so they can get out and about a bit. I'm not sure when they'll get another break with a new baby on the horizon. Mey Ling has high blood pressure and will need a Caesarean, so I can't see her going full term, but hopefully nothing untoward will spoil their holiday. In the meantime we have the pleasure of looking after the grandfish and grandcat. The fish I'm used to, but it's a long time since I've cared for a cat. Funny little thing it is, but then it fits in with the rest of the family.

So, with no grandmonsters visiting today what had I signed up for ages ago, which just happened to coincide with the first free Sunday in ages. Just a seven mile hike in aid of raising funds for guide dogs, which incorporated all my favourite things like fields of cows, muddy slopes and rocky climbs. But the weather has been glorious for a change, the scenery and company very enjoyable and I hope they've raised a lot of money.

I'm pretty shattered now, so will allow myself to do very little for the rest of the day. Tommy the cat and the nameless fish will be with us until next Saturday, when I have another eight mile trek with my walking group. By my reckoning I deserve to be skinny by the time I pack my clothes for our holiday to Menorca. But then again I'm going to my sister's for a few days before then, which will no doubt undo any benefits from the walks. Oh well, life is full of ups and downs.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783007-Hikes-and-Holidays