*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783509-Wildcard-Monday-A-Matter-of-Time-and-Traffic
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783509 added May 27, 2013 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Monday: A Matter of Time and Traffic
The May 27, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Are you the type of person who arrives early, right on time, or fashionably late to an event?

In my 66 years on earth, I have been through the arrival gauntlet. I have arrived at meetings or appointments early, right on time, fashionably late and unfashionably late. I have come to the conclusion that, when I know where I am going, slightly early or on time is a good idea. If I arrive at a doctor's appointment on time then I may have to wait longer then I like, so I shoot for arriving early. At other meetings, especially when I have been to the location and know the parking lot, I attempt right on time or early. I do my best to avoid fashionably late because I like to have a parking place withing reasonable walking distance of the meeting location.

In Las Vegas, I have to consider the traffic situation on the streets that I travel. The streets to avoid at rush hour are Tropicana and Sahara. Charleston is a toss up depending on whether I am going to an East Charleston or a West Charleston location. The heavies traffic at rush hour on Charleston goes west toward Rainbow, which is the direction I travel when going to the Baha'i Center or to a nineteen day Feast. Therefore, when going to either Feast or a Holy Day celebration I start early enough so that I do not get upset when dealing with the rush hour traffic.

I have similar problems with Maryland Parkway, Eastern, and Boulder Highway. The problems with these three streets is that rush hour traffic is just as heavy going south as it is going north. Therefore, I have to plan my trips to take into account the traffic and my mood. Sometimes the traffic situation does not irritate me and sometimes it pisses me off. Since I do not like to arrive at appointments or meetings pissed off, I have to consider my mood and the traffic to determine how early I have to begin my journey.

Food for Thought

“A sip of wine, a cigarette,
And then it’s time to go.
I tidied up the kitchenette;
I tuned the old banjo.
I’m wanted at the traffic-jam.
They’re saving me a seat.”

- Leonard Cohen

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783509-Wildcard-Monday-A-Matter-of-Time-and-Traffic