*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783657-No-Guarantee-of-Success-or-Failure
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783657 added May 28, 2013 at 9:42am
Restrictions: None
No Guarantee of Success or Failure
The May 28, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Tell us about something you would attempt if you were guaranteed not to fail (and tell us why you haven’t tried it yet).

There is no guarantee of success,
There is no guarantee of failure,
The only thing a person can do
Is keep the demons of depression and doubt
At bay long enough
To push through the darkness of uncertainty
And enter the light of accomplishment.

What would I attempt if I were guaranteed not to fail? There are a few things I have no intention of attempting because I don't see any sense in doting them, but I don't think there is anything that I wouldn't attempt no matter what the guarantee of success or failure. There are a few things I would like to do and can't do at this time because of my financial situation, which I suspect is probably a consideration for a lot of people.

For the next three days, I am attempting to earn enough GPs to purchase a one-month premium membership. Therefore, between writing assignments, I'm reviewing, I don't know if I will succeed in this endeavor or fail, but I'm going to continue because it is the struggle for success that counts. All right, in this case success may be a bit more important then the struggle to continue, but without the struggle there is no success.

No matter what my negative thoughts and doubts suggest, I have to keep on keeping on. If I stop then I know I am going to fail, but if I keep going there is a chance of success. In the process I will learn something about myself. I know I'll have to take a few minutes to find me something to eat, but today I may open a can of applesauce and eat that for breakfast. I have a chocolate cake I made on Sunday, but after yesterday I'm not eating the cake for breakfast. In fact, I'm not eating the cake without having something besides coffee in my stomach.

Thought of the Day: “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783657-No-Guarantee-of-Success-or-Failure