*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783766-When-I-Grow-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783766 added May 29, 2013 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
When I Grow Up
The May 29, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
List all of the things you wanted to be when you grew up.

A long time ago in a state faraway, I wanted to be married with children, but that's what almost every girl I knew wanted to be. Oh, some of them wanted to be nurses until they got married; however, after they found a man and got married they planned to quit their jobs and raise a family. For most of the girls I went to school with the a family was a father, a mother, and 2.5 children. I knew better because my family consisted of Mom, four children, and sometimes my Grandparents; that didn't change my idea of "What I want to be when I grow up" because I wanted the husband, the 2.5 children, and staying home taking care of them.

That isn't what I got and at 66 I'm glad because I'm not sure what I would have done with the .5 child. All right, so I'm attempting to be humorous, I'm revealing my weird and getting weirder sense of humor. Today I'm happy that I never got the dream of married with children especially after watching the sitcom of the same name because I don't think I could have put up with the husband or the children. I could have gotten along with the dog because I get along with most dogs and cats.

What I wanted to be
when I grew up
isn't what God wanted me to be.

Today I do my best to obey God's will,
sometimes I have difficulty
because I'm a human being with free will
and I'm stubborn boarding on bullheaded
so sometimes obedience is difficult,
but I'm working on that.

Thought of the Day: “Most people don't grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.” - Maya Angelou

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783766-When-I-Grow-Up