*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783775-Serial-Experience-Part-One-Who-I-Wanted-To-Be
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#783775 added May 29, 2013 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Serial Experience, Part One: Who I Wanted To Be
The May 29, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
My neighbor has a bumper sticker that reads: "Remember Who You Wanted To Be." On the first day, (today) write about how you saw your life turning out from the perspective of your younger self. Where were you going to live? What job were you going to have? Etc. On the second day, (tomorrow) write about how your life actually ended up turning out from the perspective of your older self. (Feel free to project into the future.) Did you grow up to be who you always wanted to be as a child?

Part One of the Serial Experience complements the "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum prompt which I've already responded and posted in "When I Grow Up. As I said in that entry, I wanted to be married with 2.5 children. What I didn't say in that entry was that I wanted to live in a house without a white picket fence because I dislike picket fences. I also wanted to have a dog and a cat because when I was growing up we had a dog and a cat. However, God or fate (depending on your spiritual path) had other things in mind for me.

I had a child, which I gave up for adoption; at this point in my life I'm happy with my decision and I may go into why I'm happy with that decision in a later entry. I'm not unhappy because I never married and I'm not happy about it. It is a part of my life history and, apart from going back in time to change my life history, it is in the past and even if I had the chance I probably wouldn't go back in time to change anything. Eventually a person learns to live with past decisions and life history because it is in the past and it is a part of the present person. Life goes on one day at a time and worry about the past does nothing except cause bitterness and regret which lead to depression.

I remember who I wanted to be
and thank God that isn't me;
each day I attempt to fulfill my destiny,
each day I ask God: "What do you want me to be?"

Food for Thought: “For each one of us, there is only one thing necessary: to fulfill our own destiny, according to God's will, to be what God wants us to be.” - Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783775-Serial-Experience-Part-One-Who-I-Wanted-To-Be