*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784367-Cooking-Dinner-for-a-UFO
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#784367 added June 7, 2013 at 1:37am
Restrictions: None
Cooking Dinner for a UFO
The June 7, 2013 prompts for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum are
the image prompt which looks like some sort of toy or robotic floor cleaning product which is red, black, and silver.
The blog prompt: For which famous personality (president, celebrity, famous writer, etc) would you cook/ buy dinner for?
Be as creative as you want, they can be dead or alive personalities or even fictional. Don't forget to submit your guess of what you think the image is.

It is round, the same shape as the UFO I saw one night at Lake Blackwell. It was a long time ago when I saw the UFO. It was on a summer weekend, Grandpa had taken us (Grandma, my siblings, and myself) to the Lake. We were going water skiing and fishing. It was at night and I was supposed to be asleep on the couch at the front of the mobile home or trailer house (this was what we called it). Anyway, as I was saying, it was I was supposed to be asleep (not that I have ever slept well at night or any other time). Something woke me up from a semi-sound sleep, I looked out the window and saw the UFO.

Unlike the photo prompt (which sort of reminds me of a flying saucer or a UFO) the round object I saw was silver and bright. It flew, but not like any plane I had ever seen. The UFO made 90 degree turns and flew extremely fast. The image prompt is red, black, and silver; it appears to be going in circles, which reminds me of me. I feel as if I am going in circle, I can sympathize with the piece of robotic equipment that is the image prompt or I suspect is the image prompt.

My guess for the image prompt: I think it is one of the floor cleaning robots you see advertised on television. The type that is supposed to be able to go under furniture and usually causes house cats to react as if it was a mouse or some other prey item.

Who would I like to cook dinner for? Worf of course. I would fix my speciality - Spanish Rice. If I were going to take him out for dinner then we would go to a Mexican restaurant.

Cooking dinner
for an Unidentified Flying Object
or for an Unidentified Submerged Object;
offering food to an alien visitor
from an galaxy far away
or a star in our own galaxy
is an offer of friendship.

Quote of the Day: "You now face a new world, a world of change. We speak in strange terms, of harnessing the cosmic energy, of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy.... The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets." - U. S. GENERAL DOUGLAS MACARTHUR




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784367-Cooking-Dinner-for-a-UFO