*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784439-A-Patriotic-Cotton-Candy-Snow-Cone-and-Cussing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#784439 added June 8, 2013 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
A Patriotic Cotton Candy Snow Cone and Cussing
The June 8, 2013 prompts for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Image prompt: tri-colored (white, blue, and red) object as seen through frosted glass, which appears to be some sort of food item.
Blog prompt: Cussing. What's your take on it?

The picture reminds me of cotton candy and a snow cone viewed through a frosted glass window. It reminds me of cotton candy because it resembles cotton candy. It reminds me of a snow cone because it is tri-colored with white at the top, blue in the middle, and red at the bottom. I suppose, if the picture was taken in the United States, it could be patriotic cotton candy.

Cotton Candy and Snow Cone Memories

Sweet threads of sugar
consumed at the Kay County State Fair
as I held Grandpa Frank's hand.

Mama or Grandma Mary
bought me a snow cone masterpiece:
red and blue flavors
encircling tiny white ice crystals
at the Kay County State Fair.

What do I think of cussing? I believe that there is a time and a place for cussing. It is appropriate to cuss when a piano falls from a window and hits you on the head or when you drop an anvil on your foot. Both of these incidents happen quite frequently in cartoon, which causes the character to cuss. True cartoon characters normally do not cuss in English or any other known human language. Cartoon characters have their own unique cussing language, which any human being over the age of two or three months can understand.

There are other times when it is appropriate to cuss. I think it is alright for a person to cuss when the driver in the car ahead or on either side is attempting to put on makeup and talk on a cell phone at the same time. It is also appropriate to cuss when the driver in the car behind is sharing a joint with his or her passengers. I do not mind cussing under appropriate conditions.

I dislike cussing when every other word out of an individual's mouth is a cuss word. When I hear an individual doing this I have an urge to purchase the person a pocket dictionary so that he or she can increase his or her vocabulary.

Thought of the Day: "Cursing is invoking the assistance of a spirit to help you inflict suffering. Swearing on the other hand, is invoking, only the witness of a spirit to an statement you wish to make." - John Ruskin


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784439-A-Patriotic-Cotton-Candy-Snow-Cone-and-Cussing