*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784448-Evolution
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#784448 added June 9, 2013 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Evolution
Evolution

Last Sunday I got burned while using my outdoor wood stove to get rid of storm debris. It was painful but not life threatening and the healing process should soon restore me to my old self. I can only say that we need to pay attention to the many dangerous things we do each day and never get called to account for. This most recent lesson certainly drove that point home.

This morning as I sat doing reviews for my class, the Exploratory Writing Workshop I got to thinking about how bio organisms reproduce and the role that sex plays in the process.

I predict that as the whole process becomes better understood it will be found that there is a synthesis mechanism at work choosing between the two data streams of DNA that are provided by the male and female donors. I suspect it will be like two tapes being read concurrently and the new organism will take the best of both. In some cases there will be breaks in the data and the donor that is not compromised will be the one chosen for the legacy stream. This got me to thinking about diversity among the donors and how this would widen the range of selectivity as the synthesis program chunks away down the telephone books of genome data that go into creating an organism. It is easy to see by thinking in this way why incest or cloning is not the optimal solution to a replication process.

One of my Grandsons is interested in Robotics. He is on a team at his High School that builds them and enters competitions throughout the state of Georgia. If I were young again this would excite my interest and capture my imagination. Wouldn’t it be cool to make a robot that could replicate itself? Note that I don’t say “Create Itself.” We were built by something that existed in a dimension where chemicals became the building blocks of life. It must have been a small place because we can barely see the runes even with the most sophisticated of microscopes. Our “forefathers” (If you will) made life from the materials they had on hand. We are doing the same thing with the robotic devices we are evolving to assist in our everyday lives and that have taken us to Mars. We currently see these “Life Forms” in an extremely remedial state of development but already we can see them following the “Life Model” from whence we evolved. Our robotic life forms will be of an electro-mechanical nature since these are the materials we have the most access to and understand best how to make. The point I want to make is that there is no real “Creation” taking place here. If is simply an evolutionary process that goes back to a time and place that is “Unknowable.” Life is a synthesis of dark elements and the thermonuclear light of the stars. At different states in its evolution it has no doubt taken many different forms that were fostered as a consequence of many different links in its expression and development. We need to think less about the seminal source and more about figuring out how to produce a life form as complex and marvelous as the one we inhabit as the miraculous consequence of our birth.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784448-Evolution