*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784525-Trying-to-Improve-Myself
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#784525 added June 9, 2013 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Trying to Improve Myself
6/09/13


Blogging Circle of Friends and Your 2 Cents prompt "Trying to Improve Myselt".


I've been trying to improve myself for quite some time now, but it seems like all of my efforts are wrong. Now, I've change a lot of the things I like: music, tv, some of the books I read, and even some of the foods I eat.

I've been listening to some doo woop music. I hope the Everly Brothers, Rosemary Clooney, The Fleetwoods (from the late 50s I think), Perry Como, Andy Williams, and Nat King Cole count. I wish my dad were here. He could tell more about this type of music. My dad is the reason I know about the Everly Brothers (because we used to listen to them together). Do Frankie Avalon and Anette Funicello count? I like them! (I'm having a Johnny Cash withdrawl though)

I'm reading a book called "The Politician" by Andrew Young. It's about the John Edwards scandal. This is part of my self-improvement. However, I've been reading this for awhile, and I'm halfway through it. It's a good book, and it has inspired me to read more political books. I will admit that I can't stay away from Stephen King and VC Andrews books.

I'm trying to change what I watch on TV. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for cooking shows.
When the new TV season comes back on, I've made a vow to watch the crime shows like CSI (both of them), NCSI, and Criminal Minds (I have been watching this on A&E, and it's interesting, but it goes over my head (I've been writing down the words that I don't understand and Googling them). I wish my dad were here because he could help me understand the crime shows (He was a deputy sheriff for a couple of years). I watch Supernatural, Bates Motel, Duck Dynasty, and Little Honey Boo Boo and hope that those crime shows don't interfer with my favs. I also forgot I 'm going to watch The Following and The Mentalist too. I'm having Chuck Connor (the Riffleman) and June Lockhart (Lost in Space) withdrawls big time!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what movies I should watch........... I have stopped watching horror movies (I've been having big withdrawls from them).

Now, the foods that I eat are going to be a challenge. You see I have food allergies (mostly wheat and corn, but I'm a little senstive to dairy also). However, I did try a steak cooked medium rare (I usually like them very well done). The medium rare steak was okay. However, I only eat steak two-three times a year (I can't afford them any more than that). My dad ate steaks medium rare..... I know y'all are sick of me talking about my dad, but I can't help it. I miss him...............

I wanted y'all to look at this blog entry. I thought it was creative. "Interview With A Clown

I miss hearing from my soulmate too............... I just wish he would e-mail me...........












© Copyright 2013 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784525-Trying-to-Improve-Myself