*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784705-A-World-Without-the-Internet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#784705 added June 12, 2013 at 9:20am
Restrictions: None
A World Without the Internet
The June 12, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum
What do you suppose you might be doing at this exact moment if the internet had never been invented?

I am 66 years old, I was born and raised in a world without the Internet. My parents and grandparents were born and raised in a world without the Internet. If the Internet had never been invented, I could easily find something else to do. If the the Internet had never been invented, I would not miss it because I would not have experienced the aggravation and joy of surfing, blogging, or anything else I do online. If the Internet had never been invented I would not know what I was missing.

What would I be doing if the Internet had never been invented? I would not have my Master's degree because I earned that online. I would never have known that I am addicted to Spider, Pyramid, or Mahjong solitaire. I would not have encountered writing.com and seriously developed my writing skills. I am not sure what I would be doing, but it would probably have something to do with food service or restaurant work, neither of which I enjoy or am particularly accomplished at. In order to wait tables a person needs to be able to carry a plate or a tray from the kitchen to the dinning room without their hands shaking or dropping the plate or the food.

In a world without the internet
there would be no e-mail
so the only way dysfunctional families
could safely communicate
would be through lawyers and the court system.

In a world without the internet
the only viruses
passed from nation to nation
would be through person to person contact.

In a world without the internet
we would not be see
the beauty of another country
without a personal visit.

In a world without the internet
we would not hear
a multitude of opinions
to give us a broader view of reality.

Quote of the Day: “The internet is just a world passing notes around a classroom.” - Jon Stewart


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784705-A-World-Without-the-Internet