*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784804-I-Am-Neither-a-Fashionista-nor-Clothes-Horse
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#784804 added June 13, 2013 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
I Am Neither a Fashionista nor Clothes Horse
The June 13, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Describe your ideal dress: what clothing/outift do you feel best expresses who you are?

I am neither a fashionista nor a clothes horse. I am just an ordinary woman in her late 60s who likes to cover her naked body when she walks in front of a window, curtained and/or uncurtained, or leaves the house. I will admit to wearing short-shorts and mini skirts in my younger days, but since I was unable to balance on spiked heels I gave up the idea of wearing either garment. I mean mini skirts and short-shorts look a lot better with spiked heels then with comfortable shoes. However, after a recent national news article, I am considering purchasing spiked heels the next time I find a pair at a garage sale. I intend to keep them in the car for protection.

What kind of clothing do I prefer? I prefer long skirts or dress because they hid my ugly legs and other bodily inperfections that come with the affect of gravity on an aging body. I used to prefer black or dark colored clothes because I thought they suited me better then bright colors. I have found that dark colors encourage depression; therefor, I am changing my color choices to reds and light or bright toned purples because they seem to discourage depression. I will also consider wearing yellows, greens, and any other bright color. I do not wear white close to my face because it makes me look like a denizen of the undead.

I dress for comfort
If I have a pair of spiked heels
They are not for me to wear
I have them for protection

I dress for comfort
Long dresses and skirts
That hide the ravages
Of age and gravity

I dress for comfort
I want bright colors
To enhance a positive mood

Thought of the Day: "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784804-I-Am-Neither-a-Fashionista-nor-Clothes-Horse