*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785170-On-The-Third-Wednesday-of-June
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785170 added June 19, 2013 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
On The Third Wednesday of June
This afternoon, at 4:00 PM, I attended my grief counseling meeting. There were about 9 or 10 people at the meeting. We talked about how we were doing since our loved ones passed on, any epiphanies we had experienced, and participated in a writing exercise. We each took three sheets of paper from small telephone pads, on the first sheet of paper each person wrote "I know", on the second sheet "I feel", and on the third "I think". After writing our responses or thoughts on the papers we read them one by one.

I Know
I am a poet

I feel
Happy for a change

I think
I will succeed in earning
enough gift points for a moth's premium membership
on writing.com

As I was listening to the others speak, I remember something that happened when I was reviewing this past weekend. One of the items I reviewed was about boarder terriers. The description given was that they were scruffy looking dogs. When I read the description, I remember something my mother told me about a dog she had when she was a child. The name of the dog was Scruffy and Mom describe the dog as looking sort of scruffy. I began to wonder if my mother's first dog was a boarder terrier. I doubt that Mom knew Scruffy's breed because the dog was a gift from one of the neighbors. When Mom told me about the dog, she said the dog followed her everywhere. She also said that the dog would not let a stranger get near her.

I wish there was a picture of Mom's dog, but I doubt one exists. I know that form now on I will always think of Scruffy as a boarder terrier, so it really does not matter whether Scruffy was a boarder terrier or not. It is strange what memories surface when reading and reviewing. I know that from now on I will keep note on any memories I discover when reading and reviewing.


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785170-On-The-Third-Wednesday-of-June