*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785142-Life-Review
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785142 added June 19, 2013 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Life Review
The June 19, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Write a review of your life — or the life of someone close to you — as if it were a movie or a book.

I have heard that at death, when the soul and body are separated, the individual sees his or her life replayed so that the person knows the places where his or her choices either made a difference or could have made a difference. I sometimes wonder if the life review is like watching a movie, with the person crying because of the choice or laughing at his or her ridiculous antics. I wonder if when my mother died, one week after Thanksgiving in 2012, if her soul saw a review of her life immediately after Death's Door opened. Did my mother see her life replayed before or after she stepped through the Gates of Paradise?

Choices
My soul grows
With each decision
I make

A review of life suggest listing both the good and bad about a person, so I am not sure I am qualified to give a review of my mother's life. I am not even sure I am qualified to give a review of my own life. There are some actions that a person instinctively knows are bad, but you ignore the feeling in your gut or the little voice in the back of your mind shouting "No!" Other actions are ambiguous and could have either good or bad results, with these actions the only thing you can say if the results are bad is "It seemed like a good idea at the time." Then there are the actions that are obviously good, that a person knows should be taken, but are sometime skipped. I have participated in all three of these scenarios in my 66 years on Earth. There are some decision I made in my youth that I do not know whether the actions or the results were good or bad and I probably will not know until my soul leaves my body. I expect to have numerous surprises when I view the final replay of my life.

Choices
Taking responsibility
For my life
And the education
of my soul

Snow was responsible despite the fact that she disliked making decisions. She accepted the responsibility for herself and the mistakes she made. She confronted the difficulties in her life with both faith and sometimes with doubt. She moved forward, hoping she would age gracefully and wisely. She smiled, she laughed, she cried, etc. She attempted to perfect her poetry because it was a way to worship God and give thanks for the poetic talent.

Thought of the Day: "It is enjoined upon every one of you to engage in some form of occupation, such as crafts, trades and the like. We have graciously exalted your engagement in such work to the rank of worship unto God, the True One. Ponder ye in your hearts the grace and the blessings of God and render thanks unto Him at eventide and at dawn. Waste not your time in idleness and sloth. Occupy yourselves with that which profiteth yourselves and others. Thus hath it been decreed in this Tablet from whose horizon the day-star of wisdom and utterance shineth resplendent. " - Bahá’u’lláh, Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh Revealed After the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, page 27, The Twelfth Glad Tidings





© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785142-Life-Review