*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785249-Becoming-A-Butterfly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785249 added June 21, 2013 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Becoming A Butterfly
The June 21, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Can people change? (did you change; views, philosophies,routines,countries etc)


Yes, people can change. Human beings can change because they have freewill and the ability to realize that doing the something over and over the same way and expecting different results is insanity.1 Once a person realizes the need to change and accepts the aspects of their live they have to change then the person, no matter how difficult it is, will change.

I am a caterpillar
becoming a butterfly.


Besides continually changing my clothes (there is a story behind this statement), I have changed my religion, place of residence, the city, and state I inhabit. I have also changed the way I drink my coffee from cream and sugar to black. In fact, I am in the process of change at this moment. I am in the process of changing some bad habits that I feel brings down the quality of my life.

I am a butterfly
in the process of metamorphosis.


Now to explain why I have the need to change my clothes more often the most people. My mother told me that when I was small child, she changed my clothes, as well as the clothes of my siblings, every time we got dirty. I suspect that made more laundry for Mom to do, but she wanted to sent clean children out into the world; it apparently did not matter if we got our clothes dirty while we were outside because she changed our clothes when we returned to the house. Mom's continually changing our clothes instilled into us the idea that we had to change our clothes numerous times each day.



Thought of the Day: “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ― Albert Einstein

Footnotes
1  Paraphrasing either Dr. Phil or Albert Einstein


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785249-Becoming-A-Butterfly