*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785518-The-Brave-The-Bold-and-The-Old
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785518 added June 25, 2013 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
The Brave, The Bold, and The Old
The June 25, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
"You're braver than you believe." Do you believe this too? When was the last time you were brave?


At my age, getting up in the morning is an act of bravery. For the the past six or seven months, I have caught myself regularly sleeping in the fetal position. This position does alleviate the osteoarthritis in my knees. As a result, my knees do not want to unbend without pain (this is worse in the winter and early spring then in the summer) and the more difficulty it is to unbend my knees the less I want to get up. However, I have to get up anyway, so I just get my "brave on" and get up.

Sleeping in the fetal position!1
Is this a sign of my psychic regression?2
Am I trying to recover
the security I felt
in my mother's womb?

Do I believe the quote "You're braver then you believe." Yes, I think everyone one is braver then they believe; it is just that events in their lives do not forced them to confront their bravery. When event occur that forces a person to confront a challenge or fear most people rise to the occasion and find themselves acting braver then the thought they could act. This is part of human nature, this is an attribute that is innate in every human being.

Fear
gnaws at humanity's soul.

Anxiety whispers,
scenarios of destruction,
to the human mind.

Inhale
the bold air of faith,
march into the unknown,
and confront the terror of annihilation.

Quote of the Day: “Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
- George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Footnotes
1  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetal+position?show=0&t=1372169165
2  http://www.pathofthepsychic.com/PsychicArticles/PsychicRegression.htm


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785518-The-Brave-The-Bold-and-The-Old