*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785564-Bravery-and-Love-or-Hate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#785564 added June 25, 2013 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
Bravery and Love or Hate
6/25/2013


Blogging Circle of Friends prompt is ""You're braver than you believe. Do you believe this too? When was the last time you were brave?"


I remember when I used to work at a Comfort Inn........ A man came in saying that he had a reservation. He did, but it was on a 4pm hold. He didn't come in until 7pm. The hotel had a full house, and I released the hold around 6pm because I had another customer to come in. For those who aren't familiar with hotel/motel lingo, a reservation with a 4pm hold means that the customer did give any credit card info, therefore, the customer has to come in by 4pm.

Anyway, I informed the customer that he missed the 4pm deadline. I then offered to call other hotels to see if they had any rooms available. He said okay, but after I made him a reservation at another place for him as he requested me to do. He started cussing me, slamming his fists on the counter, and even tried to come around the counter where I was. He got even angrier when I wouldn't give him my manager's cell phone number (we weren't allowed to give out personal numbers, the manager would have had my head).

I simply looked at him and said, "Sir, I need you to calm down.... If you don't, then I will have to call 911."

He slammed his fists down once more then left....... Another two hours rolled around (it was about nine pm), he came back.......

At first he was jumping around and kicking the chair in the lobby, I said calmly, "Sir, may I help you?"

"Why couldn't I get a reservation for the rest of the week?"

"I will be more than happy to see if we have a room available for the next couple of days."

I checked the availability for the next couple of days. We had one room available. I told the customer that.

He told me to go ahead and book the room. However, he then thought he should get a lower rate for some reason. He was already getting the lowest rate the hotel offered.

When I didn't give in to his demands, he threw his business card at me to give to my manager and left. Now, the other desk clerk was scared out of her mind, she was new and had never had to deal with an unruly customer.

To me this was a lesson in how to remain calm when dealing with not so nice people........ I figured if I would have lost my cool and went down to his level that the situation would have escalated into something much worse.

I'm not sure if this was bravery or not, but it does take a little guts to deal with people sometimes.

Your 2 Cents prompt is "One thing you love but everyone you know hate?~why"

I love getting veggie burgers and tofu. Most people I know won't even try it. However, I've snuck it to some of the dishes that I've made for church lunches and suppers. They didn't know the difference and have even complemented me on those dishes. *Wink*

News In My World!

I'm watching Hardcore Pawn on Tru TV. Those people are crazy. The family who owns that pawn shop are constantly at each other's throats, especially the brother and sister. I could never talk to my family like that........

© Copyright 2013 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785564-Bravery-and-Love-or-Hate