*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786316-Sunday-Review-June-30-2013-to-July-6-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786316 added July 7, 2013 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: June 30, 2013 to July 6, 2013
The July 7, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

This morning, as I am composing this, it is raining and thundering in Las Vegas. I cannot see any lightning, but I know there is lighting because I hear thunder. I have turned the computers off and I am sitting on the couch eating breakfast and composing this entry. I hope to get it posted sometime today.

today's prediction
thirty percent chance of rain
checked weather online

The week of June 30, 2013 began with extreme heat warnings and temperatures above 110 degrees. There were clouds at random intervals during the week, but not rainclouds. On Tuesday evening, July 2, a dry lightning strike started a fire in Carpenter Canyon. By the time Friday arrived the fire had spread to Kyle Canyon and forced mandatory evacuations of people living on and around Mount Charleston. The extreme heat warning ended on Friday. As of today, the fire is still raging on the Mountain and I do not know if the higher elevations will receive enough rain to help control the fire.


My favorite blog prompt and entries occurred yesterday, Saturday, July 6, 2013. I enjoyed the six-word story exercise. I also enjoyed the entries that responded to that exercise. I liked the entries because they make me smile, laugh, or gave me something to think about. The problem I have is decided which entry I liked best.

I need more coffee
and read today's newspaper
is the fire raging

Quote of the Day: "O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William Shakespeare

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786316-Sunday-Review-June-30-2013-to-July-6-2013