*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786445-Living-with-Immortality
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786445 added July 9, 2013 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Living with Immortality
The July 9, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum and "Invalid Item is
You’ve imbibed a special potion that makes you immortal. Now that you’ve got forever, what changes will you make in your life?
How will you live life differently, knowing you’ll always be around to be accountable for your actions?

Beware the boredom
of immortality!

The first thing I would do is make a list of things I wanted to experience now that I did not have to worry about dying. I think eternal life in the physical realm would become extremely tedious after the first five or six years. I would have to find things to do to keep boredom from becoming chronic and dangerous. A list of thing I wanted to do or learn would help alleviate the monotony.

The second thing I would do is purchase a recreational vehicle camper. That way I would not be stuck in one city or state, but could move to another location whenever I found myself becoming board with the place I was living. Immortality gives a person a chance to visit every place that a short lifespan prohibits. RV homes are better for people blessed with eternal physical life because it encourages adventure, which mitigates depression a possible side effect of terminal boredom.

The third thing I would do is purchase a private plane, get my pilots license, and a passport. Because with a plane and a passport I could fly anywhere in the world and keep the adventure of immortality exciting.

The fourth thing I would do is to volunteer with different humanitarian organizations. Physical immortality should be a blessing and not a curse, especially if it is received through a potion. Helping other members of the human race and the animals that inhabit this planet is a way of making eternal life a blessing.

There are only two other things I would do. One of those is to keep a journal or rather journals of my adventures in immortality. The other thing I would do is explore different types of jobs and find a way to earn a living for the rest of my immortal life. I suppose I could take up temp work which would allow me to move from place to place without having to worry about money or a permanent job.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786445-Living-with-Immortality