*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786434-War-Chest-Tuesday-Collecting-or-Hoarding
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786434 added July 9, 2013 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: Collecting or Hoarding
The July 9, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Have you ever collected anything? Tell us about your collection - why you started it,
how long you've been collecting (or were collecting) and your favorite pieces in the collection.

I have attempted to collect stuff, but I have never continued the practice because the stuff I chose or was interested in was either too expensive or associated with an old relationship. The first thing I got interested in was stamps, which I stopped collecting because the relationship ended. When I got to looking at my collection, after the relationship ended, I realized the guy had stolen my most valuable stamps. It is probably a good thing the relationship ended before I found out about the stamps because I am not sure I what I would have done if I had found out about the stamps while still "in love" or perhaps I should say "in passion" with him.

The next two things I attempted to collect was coins and Harley-Davidson items both, of which, became too expensive. I collected the coins before the Harley-Davidson items and ended the coin collecting long before I started the Harley collection. I stopped collecting coins for two reason, first it was too expensive and second it was boring. I still have the Harley-Davidson items and have no plans to get rid of them. I like the brand, as well as, finding it exciting and a good way to encourage my muse.

The only other thing that I collect or appear to collect is books, but I am planning on weeding my collection and giving many away. I am beginning to think the book collection has passed beyond the collecting stage to the hoarding stage, so the best thing to do is have fewer books. I have decided a person should have just enough books to fill the bookcases one owns and no more.

Collecting or hoarding?
A thin red line separates
the pathological collector,
the compulsive hoarder,
the pack rat
from the non-stressed
sane collector.

Thought of the Day: “We are hoarding potentials so great that they are just about unimaginable.” - Jack Schwartz

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786434-War-Chest-Tuesday-Collecting-or-Hoarding