*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786708-Sunday-Review-July-7-to-July-13-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786708 added July 14, 2013 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: July 7 to July 13, 2013
The July 14, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week. What was your favorite blog entry of the week, and most importantly, why?

How was my week? I guess my week went all right. I wrote two poems "Military Service and "Rainy Day Decisions, which I submitted to contests on writing.com. I attempted to write a Saturday Review on one of my offsite blogs and ended up writing a poem about not being able to remember my accomplishments. I think the problem was lack of focus rather then memory, but it could be worry. I came to the conclusions that I need to do something different this week.

Worry and focus
both part of the same issue:
High anxiety?

Last week, I could sit down and write poems without difficulty, but when it came to reading blog entries it became more difficult as the days pasts. I also had problems composing blog entries, which may be the reason I am not satisfied with any of the entries I made during the week. I am not satisfied with the blog entries to Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff,1 Poet 999: A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon,2 and "Snow Melt. In fact, the only writing I did last week that I am even half-way satisfied with are the poems and some of the entries in my off line journal.

Dissatisfaction,
unfocused anxiety:
Is it OCD?

There were two blog entries I remember making an impression on me this past week. The first one was on Monday, it was "Invalid Entry by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade , I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is the tootsie rolls. I have not eaten a tootsie roll since I received my false teeth and I think it is because of fear. I am afraid I cannot chew then the way I did when I had my natural teeth. The second on Friday, "Invalid Entry by ~ Aqua ~ . I liked this entry because of the word Lackadaisical, which was a word my grandmother always used. Her favorite saying, when she thought we should be doing something beside sitting in front of the television, was "Don't be so lackadaisical." This usually got us up and out of the house.

Dissatisfaction
worry and anxiety:
A new week begins!

What do I do different this week? I am not sure, but I will do at least one thing different. I will keep a list so that I can write about it in my Sunday Review entry for July 21, 2013. I will keep a list because if I do not write it down it slips my mind.

Action conquers fear
by refocusing the mind:
Prayer and action.


Thought of the Day: "The first duty of man is to conquer fear; he must get rid of it, he cannot act till then." - Thomas Carlyle




Footnotes
1  http://poet999writingthoughts.blogspot.com/
2  http://poet999.blogspot.com/


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786708-Sunday-Review-July-7-to-July-13-2013