*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786784-Wildcard-Monday-A-Date-of-Significance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786784 added July 15, 2013 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Monday: A Date of Significance
The July 15, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Is there a date in the year that holds some particular significance to you? Tell us the story!

How can I chose just one,
when some dates have memories of fun
while others bring tears to my eyes?

Is there a date in the year that holds particular significance to me? After looking back over the past year, I have to say that November 29 is that date. On November 29, 2012, my mother died. The interesting thing about this is that November 29 was also Grandpa Frank's birthday. My mother died on the date her father was born. I suspect Mom's soul chose that date to release it hold on her body because of its significance to her.

Birth dates and death dates
are the significant days of our lives,
the dates that indicate change.

Mom was an only child. Mom was born on April 19, 1921 on a farm in Oklahoma. She was a premature baby and the doctor did not expect her to live. Her father refused to accept the prognosis and did everything he could to keep his only daughter alive. Mom survived, she had one miscarriage and gave birth to four children. While she did not pass the Newland name to her offspring, she did pass the Newland genes. The stubborn, bullheaded, refuse to give up genes that determined her survival and the survival of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

The two most significant dates
in the life of any human being
is the date of birth and the date of death.

Thought of the Day: “Birth and death are not two different states, but they are different aspects of the same state.” - Mahatma Gandhi

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786784-Wildcard-Monday-A-Date-of-Significance