*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787299-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#787299 added July 22, 2013 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Round two. The first round today was this morning before work; I entered in yesterdays entry since I didn't get the opportunity to do it yesterday. This round, the second for the day, is for today's entry. I was able to write this morning because I worked second shift with Rhonda, and had a little time this morning, and a little tonight, as well.

Work went alright, but I sure am tired. I think stress is a part of it, we are one short at work again, for one thing. Even more stressful, my boss, the Director of Operations, is up to visit from Sioux City, Iowa.

He didn't say that he wanted to meet any of the guards, or to do training, or really anything as to why he was coming to see us. I was pretty sure I was doing a good job, but then again, maybe not. A person begins to second guess them self after a while, especially when I have gone through six people in less than a year.

Of course, they all could have been, and probably should have been, fired. They just up and quit on me before it came down to that. I can honestly say that I gave them more than fair opportunity to correct problems than I should have. Even so, I like to give people the chance to change and to things right.

However, it's still their choice in the end. Either comply and do it right, or be stubborn and do it wrong. I will try my best to teach, lead, and help if they are willing to learn and comply, but if not, I have no choice. They just didn't seem to understand, that's my job. So, instead of changing and doing things right, they all decided to quit.

Knowing them, the situations, and what's been going on, I know that it very likely saved me from having to fire them further down the road, but my boss doesn't necessarily know this. I do keep him posted about everything at work, but they also can contact him and give a whole different story.

So, like I said, I thought I have been doing a good job, but then again, I never hear much feedback, so I don't know. Well I didn't until today. As he was getting ready to leave, he shook my hand and told me, "I wish all my other sites were working as well and smooth as this one, I wouldn't be losing my hair."

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787299-Monday