*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787393-War-Chest-Wednesday-The-Kingdom-of-Snow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#787393 added July 24, 2013 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: The Kingdom of Snow
The July 24, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
You are given the opportunity to create a kingdom of which you are the sole ruler. How would you design your kingdom? Keep in mind things like government, religion, education, etc.

*Castle* I would incorporate the Kingdom of Snow after having the citizens elect the board of directors.
*Castleb* I would set up a universal education system that accepted every citizen and non-citizen of the Kingdom of Snow regardless of the ability to pay for books.
*Castlegr* The charge for the education would be based upon a sliding fee that took into account of the economic situation of the students or their parents .
*Castleleft* Houses of worship or prayer for every religion would be built throughout the kingdom so that the people could choose their own way to worship.
*Castleright* Tolerance would be taught in all the schools from the lowest grade to the highest.
*Castle* All cities, towns, and villages would have a park in the center with shade and fruit trees growing throughout.
*Castleb* When children reach the age of maturity they would be expected to volunteer for the kingdom's military, their province's police force, or some other type of community service for a specific number of years.
*Castlegr* Every person, male or female, would be taught some type of trade, art, or science with which they would earn a living.
*Castleleft* Taxes are a necessary evil in running a kingdom, so these would depend upon the economic ability of each citizen; with the wealthier paying more then the poorer citizens.
*Castleright* All citizen beginning at the age of maturity could vote or run in any election, after signing up with their province's election board.
*Castle* There is probably a lot more that is needed, so board of citizens would be elected and/or appointed to consider what items have to go before the board of directors or place in front of reigning queen and king.
*Castleb* After I completed establishing the Kingdom of Snow and the government was working as well as any government can expect to work; I would hold another election.
*Castlegr* The last election would be held to elect a queen and a king to reign for a specific number of years which would be from nine to nineteen years each.
*Castleleft* In the Kingdom of Snow everyone would be expected to keep the kingdom clean and not litter. If someone were caught littering then he or she would be assigned to province cleanup duty.
*Castleright* Being or becoming a citizen of the Kingdom of Snow comes with both duties and privileges.

Thought of the Day: "Citizenship is a tough occupation which obliges the citizen to make his own informed opinion and stand by it." - Martha Gellhorn

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787393-War-Chest-Wednesday-The-Kingdom-of-Snow