*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787645-Creation-Saturday-Hera-in-2014
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#787645 added July 27, 2013 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Hera in 2014
The July 27, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Take a classic character (cartoon, superhero, fairy-tale) and recreate their character in the modern world. How would their lives be different? Would Superman own a smart phone, for example? Be creative! *Bigsmile*

"I'll be damned," Hera whispered as she exited her silver 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class. "It's her!" She slammed the drivers side door and walked to the ATM. Stopping behind a twenty-something blonde, she opened her silver clutch purse and removed her debit card along with two one hundred dollar bills.

The blonde, a satisfied smirk playing across her scarlet lips, fidgeted as the gray haired man ahead of her completed his transaction and then placed his debit card along with his receipt in his wallet. Putting his wallet in his back pocket, he smiled at the two women and left. Ambling to the ATM, the blonde removed her debit card from her slacks pocket and inserted it in the slot. Using her right hand, she entered her pass code while she removed several hundred dollar bills from her bra with her left.

So, Hera thought as she watched the woman deposit eight hundred dollars, the old bastard's visiting hookers now. A wicked smile played across Hera's face as she watched the blond place the debit card back in her slacks pocket. "Honey," Hera said dropping a hundred dollar bill on the ground. "I think you dropped something," she pointed to the bill on the ground.

"Oh," the blonde picked up the money. "Thank you, Mam, I thought I deposited everything."

"Why don't you go ahead and deposit that," Hera smiled sweetly. "I'm not in a hurry."

Hera watched carefully as the woman deposited the money. Then as the blonde started to place her debit card back in her slacks Hera stepped forward bumping the woman's arm and causing her to drop her debit card on the ground. "I sorry," said Hera placing her foot over the debit card. "These allergies are killing me." The blonde walked to her car, while Hera picked up the ATM card and placed it in her purse with her own card and the other one hundred dollar bill.

Returning to her car, she removed the stolen ATM card from her purse and studied the name on the card. Europa Jones, she frowned, where have I heard that name before? Then she smiled, That's the new tenant in Apartment 3A. Tossing the card in the passenger seat, she drove back to the Olympia Gardens Apartments.

****


At the apartment building, she went to the front desk. "Aphrodite," she said, "why don't you take the afternoon off and get your hair done or something."

After Aphrodite left, Hera turned the security cameras off and then went to the building's ATM. She put Europa's card into the machine and punched in the pass code. After emptying the woman's bank account, she went to the front desk, placed Europa's card in an envelope and put it in Apartment 3A's mailbox. Next she placed the money in several different envelopes and put them in her purse. Turning the security camera's back on, she sat down at the front desk and waited for Hermes to come on duty.

***

"You're late," she smiled as Hermes walked in the front door.

"Sorry, boss," he looked around perplexed. "Where's Aphrodite?"

"I gave her the afternoon off," Hera said removing several envelopes from purse and handing them to Hermes. "If you deliver these to the Hades Apartment complex and put them in the tenants mail boxes, you can have the night off."

"Whatever makes you happy." He put the envelopes in his jacket pocket, "Can you hand me my winged sandals?"

"Sure," she picked the sandals off the floor and handed them to him. The only man I know who can change shoes standing up. She waved as he left the building.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787645-Creation-Saturday-Hera-in-2014