*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787829-Comfort-Food-Grilled-cheese-Sandwich-with-Spanish-Rice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#787829 added July 30, 2013 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
Comfort Food: Grilled cheese Sandwich with Spanish Rice
The July 30, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If a restaurant were to name something after you, what would it be? Describe it. (Bonus points if you give us a recipe!)

Two hamburger buns toasted with two thin slices of cheese melted on each bun served with Spanish rice made with ground beef and green salsa. A serving of jalapeno poppers on the side.

To make the Spanish rice
1 lb. of ground beef browned (I like a lot of beef with my Spanish Rice)
2 cup of rice cooked
1 large or 2 small jars of green salsa

Cook the rice before you brown the beef because it takes rice longer to cook then ground beef. Once the beef is browned or cooked to your desire, mix the beef with the rice and let it heat for a bit. (I do not know how long I let the combination heat because I never look at the clock.) After the rice and ground beef combination are heated to your satisfaction without burning them then add the salsa. I like a lot of salsa in my Spanish rice, if you do not like green salsa then you can add the red salsa. Also, I sometimes add jalapeno peppers directly to my Spanish rice, if you do this then you do not need have a side of jalapeno poppers.

After the Spanish rice is done then you make the grilled cheese sandwich. You toast the hamburger buns just like you would toast bread if you were using it to make a grilled cheese sandwich. If you like onions or other vegetables added to your grilled cheese go right ahead and add them when you are making the sandwich.

Thought of the Day: "Food is a lot of people's therapy - when we say comfort food, we really mean that. It's releasing dopamine and serotonin in your brain that makes you feel good." - Brett Hoebel



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787829-Comfort-Food-Grilled-cheese-Sandwich-with-Spanish-Rice