*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787895-Matt-starts-to-feel-weird
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #1945617
A boy grows bigger and more muscular after a swim in a pool with contaminated water.
#787895 added July 31, 2013 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Matt starts to feel weird
Matt was working in the back with Kyle, his coworker. Both were chopping veggies in the back area, hidden from the customers, when he was suddenly overcome by a faint, tingling sensation. This was about a minute after he had finished his glass of water and right after he had clocked in to start his shift. Matt suddenly felt a strong cramp in every muscle in his body. He closed his eyes and cringed for a moment, causing Kyle to stop and look over.

“Hey Mattie! Are you alright, man?” Kyle asked him.

Suddenly, right there and then, Matt’s muscles inflated just a little bit. He also seemed to grow half-an-inch taller, but Kyle didn’t notice it. Matt’s biceps grew just a little bit and his pectorals hardened a bit, enough for Matt to notice a small difference.

“What the heck was that?” Kyle wondered.

“Uhh… I have no idea…” Matt groaned, when the cramping sensation was over. It only seemed to last for a few seconds. “It felt like a small growth spurt or something…”

Kyle just gave him a weird look and then he shook his head.

“Nobody grows that fast, dude!” he said as he rolled his eyes. “Weirdo!”

Matt continued to chop his lettuce and then he continued on to his tomatoes. Finally, he moved on to the onions, which made his eyes tear up. It made him thirsty again, so he grabbed his plastic cup and got water from the water fountain in the back. He paused his job and gulped down the cold water quickly, since he had to get the onions done as quickly as possible. It was close to dinner time and it was getting crowded in the store. There were more customers in the store and he had to start chopping new batches of lettuce and tomatoes all over again.

“Yumm… That was refreshing…” Matt said, as he walked back to his station. “I needed a drink…”

“Hurry up, you guys!” Megan shouted. “I need more veggies! I got five customers in the store!”

“More coming up!” Kyle shouted back.

Matt and Kyle stepped up the chopping and cleaning of the vegetables since they could hear the customers in the sandwich shop.

“I need more tomatoes!” Megan shouted.

“More tomatoes coming up!” Matt shouted back.

Matt started grabbing tomatoes out of the basket and quickly washed them under the water when he was suddenly overcome by that weird tingling sensation again. He cringed and closed his eyes again. Then, he felt the same thing as before. Matt grew another half-an-inch. That made him an inch taller than before the shift started and now his calves and his quads inflated a little bit as well.

“Dude…” Kyle said to Matt. “This may seem really weird, but… Are you growing taller on me?”

“Kyle! Don’t be ridiculous, dude!” Matt replied.

Kyle looked Matt over from head to toe. He noticed how Matt’s ankles were showing a little more under his jeans.

“Your jeans weren’t that short when you came in this morning, dude!” Kyle remarked.

“What?” Matt said, as he looked down. “What are you saying?”

“Something weird is going on with you, dude!”

Matt just ignored it and finished his shift. When he was done, he clocked out, hopped on his bike and pedaled back home. When he arrived, he was thirsty again…
© Copyright 2013 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787895-Matt-starts-to-feel-weird