*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788232-Goodbyes
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#788232 added August 5, 2013 at 7:46am
Restrictions: None
Goodbyes
August 5th, 2013

Hello God what is the use of saying goodbye anyway. I hate saying goodbyes knowing that I might never see the person I am saying goodbye to.

You might say that hello makes little or no difference if somewhere along the way you can not say goodbye.

Hello is always a mystery. I can be so socially awkward sometimes. I am always scared I will say something wrong and face rejection or maybe that person will never want to speak to me again.

The gift of a relationship means that you will find something about yourself that you did not know before. You are loved! And if you hear it long enough you begin to believe that yes maybe there is someone out there that loves me so much they would die for me.

I wish I could have that kind of faith.

There is nothing you can do to get that kind of faith. That faith only comes from knowing how love can make a difference in your life and the lives of every person you meet.

Goodbye for now God. Now if I could only help others to see.

YOU already have.


I need a song about now. How about El Shaddai. It was a song that came to me while at church camp sung by Amy Grant. It brings back tearful memories of people who became precious to me. "El Shaddai, El Shaddai, I will praise and lift you high El Shaddai."

I said goodbye and yet it was so different than other goodbyes that I have been a part of. I was at work saying goodbye to someone who I had worked with while doing a secular job. As pastor of a church I always knew what to do. It felt like it was my job. I was a professional goodbyer. Once that identify got dashed I learned that I am no different than the persons that I make connection with. That is what makes my relationship with WDC so special. I am done for the day and say goodbye to my writing and awake to take up the gauntlet. I hope that you all know how much you mean to me.

May the same love that brings us together bring us back together again.

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788232-Goodbyes