*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788312-Raptured-Glance
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#788312 added August 6, 2013 at 6:01am
Restrictions: None
Raptured Glance
August 6th 2013

As a child I loved the nursery rhymes. One of the many favorites I enjoyed reading was about Peter:

Peter Peter pumpkin eater
Had a wife and couldn't keep her
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well

There are times one does the best one can with what is given. Peter loved to eat pumpkins and that is where he put his wife. On the outside it seem really silly and then there is the better reading of keeping her well. It is the raptured glance that can take any situation and see a treasure if only for a moment. My main meditation is on my continued saga with my now totalled car.

I did a lot of calling yesterday. It felt really good/well to finally feel good enough to find out what is going on with my car. Up until now, I have let my wife do all the work. I found out that the insurance company was going to pay for what was left on the loan. Then I called my son who has a car that might be described as a pumpkin. It is a 1998 Toyota Camry. It has well over two hundred thousand miles on it. His main motivation is to get rid of it. He has two other cars that work fine. One could say very easily that one persons trash is another person's treasure. I can dream as Cinderella did in another fairy tale. Maybe a pumpkin can turn into a beaufiful carriage. That is as long as I get home by midnight.

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788312-Raptured-Glance