*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788375-I-promised-myself-to-do-nothing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#788375 added August 7, 2013 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
I promised myself to do nothing...
...I didn´t mean not blog.
¨
ME:


My swollen foot is somewhat better today. Spent much of yesterday in bed with right leg elevated. That meant boredom which lead to me editing photos of Europe. I even found a few of Iceland from the plane. I have so many of the gardens in Keukenhof, Holland that I´ve made a folder for them at facebook. If you don´t like daffodils and tulips ...avoid it!

Very little walking but I did go to market (el mercado) and Soda El Molino for gallo pinto and coffee ...and later for a tamal de cerdo and a pinolillo. I even strolled the park in front of the hotel. Today? Mailed a postcard and more gallo pinto, this time with a fried egg instead of my usual scrambled without onion. Coffee? Surely, you needn´t ask! *Laugh*

I´ve run into and met quite a few friends. I only know two policemen for example and saw them both in Cartago when there were thousands in the streets by the basilica for the annual pilgrimage on August 2nd (Día de la Virgen). What a nice surprise. Will meet up with more folks at the farmers market (la feria) tomorrow. I plan to stroll, chat and SIT.

I stayed in La Sabana in San José for 4 nights, 3 in Turrialba at Casa de Lis (wonderful as always) and 3 more in Orosi at Montaña Linda (brought stoopwafels from Turrialba for Toine and Sara; they´re Dutch). Now at Hotel Chirripó in Pérez Zeledón.

In some ways I´m bored. This means I must catch up with folks, family, friends. And, of course, take advantage of just BEING here, relaxing, doing nothing. I´m sure Missoula will still be there when I get back on the 22nd. And that there´ll be peaches at the farmer´s market.

Nos hablamos pronto!
42.052

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788375-I-promised-myself-to-do-nothing